[Vision2020] Deep in the Matrix a Voice is Heard Whispering...

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 14:34:28 -0700

Re: Doug Jones on Computers

Unfortunately DJ does not appear to understand that logic deals with
relations between statements in a language to one another.  Unless the world
order changes statements describing the way processors in computers
successfully operate on the macro level and the physical level (when not in
disrepair) correspond to the rules of Boolean Logic otherwise known to
philosophers as the sentential calculus.  Using these rules, the behavior of
computers can be very, very  accurately predicted,

Since Mr. Jones studied philosophy, I assume that he knows his argument is
not against Ted's but a straw man Mr. Jones set up to smokescreen the
issue -- a common tactic at the cult.

I am sorry that Jones does not accept that logic is about the relationship
about statements in a language to one another.  I can understand why,
however -- poof goes his alleged god -- but not necessarily other alleged
gods.

Smoke screening the issue is a common tactic of charlatans.

I'm still waiting for an illustration and explanation of a true
contradiction or a valid argument with true premises but a false conclusion.
When I see such alleged, then this dialogue can be much more constructive.

Wayne Fox