[Vision2020] Deep in the Matrix a Voice is Heard Whispering...

Doug Jones credenda@moscow.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 10:14:00 -0400

Ted makes a simple mistake:

> There is no doubt that computers function according to logical and
> mathematical rules that are a part of the tradition of logic that
Wayne Fox
> references in his arguments about logic, evidence and truth.

I hate to break this to you, Ted, but there is no logical necessity
within your computer or mine, only physical necessity. If you have some
logical necessity in yours, please drop some in an envelope to me, and
we together can become billionaires overnight. Dell, HP, Intel would
fall over themselves for some of that frictionless, eternal, immaterial
stuff that loads the "law of noncontradiction" and Wayne's fantasy
world. Logic is intended to deal with those relations that physics
can't. You've actually eliminated traditional logic by reducing it to
physics. I have no beef with that, but you've then abandoned logic and
the law of noncontradiction, which goes against your and Wayne's hope.

Doug Jones