[Vision2020] Slander: By what standard?

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Thu, 22 May 2003 08:51:52 -0700

I agree, Mr. Bartnick.  Mr. Stambler has threatened me more than once that
he was going to chastise me and ruin my life.  I pretty much ignore such
threats.  I store more faith in Mad Magazine articles than these idle "hear
me roar" threats.

Vision2020 has definitely taught me one thing.  If you don't suffer fools
very well, it is best to unsubsribe to the listserve.  Many of the postings
that have irritated me in the past serve as a welcome comical relief from
otherwise day-to-day monotony.

In the immortal words of Frazier Crane: "Go ahead, Mr. Wilson.  I'm
listening."

Take care,

Tom Hansen

-----Original Message-----
From: Smectymnus@aol.com [mailto:Smectymnus@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 8:26 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Slander: By what standard?

Visionaries,

Douglas Wilson wrote: “Mr. Stambler is certainly mentally unbalanced . . .
He is currently engaged in emailing all manner of unabashed slander about me
around the country.”

Hey Wilson, when Stambler pokes fun at you, you cry “slander,” but then you
play doctor and diagnose him as “mentally unbalanced.” And calling a man
“mentally unbalanced” isn’t slander?

So after all your bluster about “fixed standards,” you’re nothing but a
moral relativist in blowhard’s clothing. Physician, heal thyself.

Cordially,

Thomas Bartnick

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com