[Vision2020] MSD Student-to-Teacher ratio

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Sun, 18 May 2003 08:43:27 -0700

I'll attempt to answer all the objections that were raised to my posting
that of the 25 school districts with >2,500 students, only one (Blaine
County) had a smaller ratio.

Don Kaag says I'm oversimplifying, and that the numbers do not reflect
reality in the classrooms based on his head-counts in the classrooms.
However, *if* these numbers are mathematically biased, then the numbers for
the *entire State* are biased; but the relative standing remains (e.g., if
the district is really at 15.22, then we're still the 2nd best in the State
because everyone's numbers are higher...).

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho