[Vision2020] self-govenment

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Wed, 14 May 2003 13:22:14 -0700

Sunil Ramalingam stated:

"What about our current drug policies?  Is it time to give up on the War on
Drugs?  Allow people to make their own decisions on what they want to
ingest/inject?"

Very interesting question, Sunil.  "Just Say No" will never end the problem.
There will always be a market for illicit drugs.  The black market (drug
hustlers, etc.) love laws that forbid the sale use, or distribution of
illicit drugs.  Those laws fatten their wallets.

I have always thought that the best way to control something is to legalize
it.  This concept may work as far as the less impacting drugs (marijuana for
example) are concerned.  However, the thought of legalizing heroin,
morphine, rupinol (excuse my spelling), etc. etc. really scares me.

Any ideas?