[Vision2020] Computers and College of Business

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 20:45:04 -0700

Shawn,

This is not a good deal. You can pull up a similar computer used for much
less on Ebay. You think the University could pull a better deal then saving
$114 over 2 years when they are buying in bulk. This is also a bum deal to
all the poor students that have been sharing a computer. It is also highly
unfair to require JUST the business students to buy the computer and give
all the other majors free use of computer labs and laptop computers they can
check out for free with their Vandal Card. You can bet that there is NO
deduction in fees for the Business majors that pay for all the computers all
over campus and have absolutely no use for them. I am also sure that local
Moscow businesses are happy that once again the University has unfairly
knocked them out of another very profitable market. Just like they did with
the Mall and health insurance. I would be angry to be forced to RENT a
computer for $500 a semester when I could rent it for free because I already
bought it with my student fees in the first place. That is just my thought
about why college costs so much and am happy I don't have buy food 50%
higher, buy computers that crash, or health insurance that doesn't cover
anything, because I am graduating. Thanks!

Donovan