[Vision2020] What can we do?

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 13:25:29 -0700

Jessica wrote;

.  I don't think that anyone would argue with the fact that the Moscow
School District does not have enough money to hire the necessary number
of teachers (particularly to help those children who have fallen behind)
or to provide much need resources (such as the Moscow Mentor Program).

I would argue that point.  The problem in MSD is not "enough money", but
how that money is being allocated.  It is my belief that education of
children is not the number one priority when money is allocated; in fact
it is not even in the top five.  Certainly, public education must be
adequately funded, and yes a system of public education must be
maintained, but to blindly accept the current spending patterns, and to
promote continuation with just more money added, will only continue the
failures of the last thirty years.

John
jdanahy@urbonet.com