[Vision2020] Re: [Vision2020] Idaho Public Schools 15 -year Trends

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 8 May 2003 05:01:48 -0700

Arnold wrote:
> Thinking that if we strip our schools of teachers won't effect the quality
> of the education a child is receiving is just fooling oneself so they can
> sleep at night instead of realizing that they are screwing children out of
> an education that the generation before them worked and slaved over to
give
> them when they were children in the public school system.
>
> Would it not be great if people thought, "How can I selflessly help my
> community" Rather then "How can I come up a with a graph, chart, or
> statistic I can use to justify my lack of sacrificing for others and spend
> more time, energy, and wealth, on myself"

Interesting how liberals *refuse* to interact with ideas but rush to
judgment. Ah, the intolerance of the tolerant!

The bottom line: government school spending *after taxes* has risen by 80%
*per child* in the last 15 years in the state of Idaho; and state test
scores have continued to drop. Prove me wrong.

*If* liberals really think that spending is the causal driver, then you
would have seen test scores rising, not falling with more money.

*Clearly*, if you think that money is the problem (that money drives
achievement), then cutting the budget is the only solution.

However, if you were to get your heads out of the sand, you'd see that money
is *not* the problem here. However, I'm sure you'd rather discuss form over
substance. How visionary of you.

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho