[Vision2020] Tuition for a public education?

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:45:24 -0800

Correct me if I misunderstand.  I assume, by Mr. Kaag's response that we are
also including college level public schools.  If so, may I add another
possibility?  I took classes every summer before graduating from U of I.  My
primary reason was (as Mr. Kaag suggested) to lighten my senior year as I
knew that it was going to be hectic, especially concerning my systems design
course (3 credits of pure HELL).  As I entered the summer just prior to my
senior year, I decided to take a couple courses that interested me (not
required by my major);  LAN Technologies and Labor Management.  LAN
Technologies provided me a look into the "black box" and answered several
questions I had.  Labor Management (instructed by Dr. Dinoto) concerned the
history of the evolution of organized labor (very very fascinating).

Sometimes the courses that are taken during the summer are simply courses
the student has an interest in without filling any academic requirement.

Take care,