[Vision2020] Best war coverage

Tina Cunningham kittz_cat@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:20:20 -0800 (PST)

I watch NBC.....the other night Tom Brokaw cried (you
could hear him sobbing before they cut away).  He was
speaking to the mother of one of the helicopter pilots
that crashed last week.  She stated that having the
news on ALL the channels is hell for the families and
loved ones of the men and women over there.
Technology may be a blessing for the news media, but
it is a curse for those who are hoping and praying
that their sons and daughters make it out of there
alive.
I couldn't agree more....and wouldn't you know, the
next morning, the media went back to regular
programming, with news updates.

Tina Cunnningham
Moscow

--- Thomas Hansen <tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu> wrote:
> I strongly recommend CNN for television coverage and
> ABC News for live cyber
> coverage.  ABC News live cyber coverage provides
> both audio and video real
> time coverage.
>
> The only complaint I have against CNN is that on
> Saturday night, at the end
> of an interview with the wife of a Marine killed in
> an accident just north
> of the Iraq/Kuwait, the CNN reporter asked the
> Marine's widow what her
> feelings were toward the anti-war demonstrators.  To
> me that was yellow
> journalism at its worst.  To exploit the feelings of
> somebody who just lost
> a spouse just for the sake of a strongly worded
> quote is sick.
>
> Tom Hansen
> Moscow, Idaho

=====
"Would you not like to be.....sittin on top of the world with your legs hanging free....."  **Dave Matthews Band