[Vision2020] Best war coverage

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:51:41 -0800

I strongly recommend CNN for television coverage and ABC News for live cyber
coverage.  ABC News live cyber coverage provides  both audio and video real
time coverage.

The only complaint I have against CNN is that on Saturday night, at the end
of an interview with the wife of a Marine killed in an accident just north
of the Iraq/Kuwait, the CNN reporter asked the Marine's widow what her
feelings were toward the anti-war demonstrators.  To me that was yellow
journalism at its worst.  To exploit the feelings of somebody who just lost
a spouse just for the sake of a strongly worded quote is sick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Westberg [mailto:carlwestberg846@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 8:09 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Best war coverage

Any thoughts on the best television news source for coverage of the war?  I
watched CNN a lot over the weekend, but their main anchor, whose name
escapes me (Aaron something?) seems rather pompous and full of himself.
Anyone have a favorite newschannel to turn to?

                                     Carl Westberg Jr.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com