[Vision2020] Canadian bacon and sports

Chris Storhok cstorhok@latah.id.us
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:19:47 -0800

The Canadians with their poor economy and weak dollar have just about
succeeded in banning the NHL from their own nation.  We will proudly keep
hockey alive and well!!!!!
(Side note...
Some of the best players in Palouse Youth Hockey Association on the
squirt,(9-10 year old) pee wee (ages 11-12) and bantam teams(ages 13-14) are
girls; and yes we have a under-19 all girl team as well.  I cannot forget to
add to the long discussion that some of these girls attend Logos and a vast
majority of our players attend Christian churches that believe in the
Trinity, and on top of that we also have players who are agonistic, atheist,
or Jewish. Somehow through all this religious tension :-) the kids have fun,
display great sportsmanship, listen to their coaches, work hard, play
together as a team, and respect the feelings and beliefs of their teammates.
If only hockey were truly a global sport....)

Chris Storhok
Latah County Rural Development
and
President, Palouse Youth Hockey Association

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Carl Westberg
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 8:01 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Canadian bacon

With the rush to rename all things French, there's one dangerous,
uncooperative country flying under the radar.  Recently a couple of citizens
of this country have been overheard dissing President Bush, and a majority
of these people are skeptical of the administration.  And they are just a
stone's throw from Moscow.  Canada.  Obviously we must rename Canadian
bacon.  And perhaps ban hockey within our borders.

                                    Carl Westberg Jr.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com