[Vision2020] bonhom lacrosse

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:44:05 -0800

Ben wrote:
> For all of you who got a little bit excited by the recent Fight Night,
> I thought that you would be happy to know that this summer will kick
> off the first season of Bonhom Lacrosse. The league will be open to
> local 10 to 12 year old Trinitarians. For those of you who are
> unfamiliar with the sport of Lacrosse, it is probably the oldest sport
> in the Americas as it was picked up by French pioneers from Native
> Americans. It was often played to prepare young men for
> battle. Celebrating the beauty of this Native American
> heritage, Lacrosse continues to be an intensely physical
> sport. After all, we give them sticks and tell them to hit
> each other. So please come cheer as Dale Courtney's sons get
> tribal on Doug Jones's. Did I mention that this is a Native
> American sport? Ben Merkle Director of Bonhom Lacrosse

Well, as long as it is a *Native* American sport, then none of the liberals
can criticize it, can they? That would be insensitive and not very
multicultural. I'd like to see *that* one appear in a Daily News editorial.
Then again, the last time an editorial appeared critical of boxing, it only
generated more interest.  Hmmmm, maybe all that leftist griping is for the
best anyway.

Now, if Lacrosse were some kind of white, male, European sport -- that would
be open to all sorts of critiques.

Yes, the three Courtney boys will attempt to get tribal on Doug Jones's
boys. Let the games begin!  :)

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho