[Vision2020] bonhom lacrosse

ben merkle benmerkle@moscow.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:06:08 -0800

For all of you who got a little bit excited by the recent Fight Night, I
thought that you would be happy to know that this summer will kick off the
first season of Bonhom Lacrosse. The league will be open to local 10 to 12
year old Trinitarians. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the sport of
Lacrosse, it is probably the oldest sport in the Americas as it was picked
up by French pioneers from Native Americans. It was often played to prepare
young men for battle. Celebrating the beauty of this Native American
heritage, Lacrosse continues to be an intensely physical sport. After all,
we give them sticks and tell them to hit each other. So please come cheer as
Dale Courtney's sons get tribal on Doug Jones's. Did I mention that this is
a Native American sport?
Ben Merkle
Director of Bonhom Lacrosse