[Vision2020] Gods Too Big To Fit In One Religion

Garrett Clevenger onewildearth@hotmail.com
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:31:31 -0800

This song was inspired by a bumpersticker, a t-shirt and the limitations and
arrogance of religions purporting to "know" what God is thinking.  We all
are self-righteous (including me writing this!), but open-mindedness never
hurts anyone.
Reggae style.
Peace

God’s Too Big To Fit In One Religion
©2003 Garrett Clevenger

A     E          Human's have been here for a long time.
E     A          But not quite as long as bugs or trees.
D     A          And not near as long as the moon or the sun
E     F#m     and the rain and lakes and rivers and the seas.

G G#
A     E          So maybe we don’t know every thing.
E     A          Perhaps we still got a lot to learn.
D     A          About our beliefs and religions that we seek.
E     F#m     There still seem many pages left to turn.

D   E   A           God's too big to fit in one religion.
D   E   F#m      Like the wind God cannot be contained.
D         A           A cloud may be formed today. It takes its shape then
blows away.
E         F#m      This cloud may not feel the wind the same.

G G#
A     E         Quakers have got their own religion.
E     A         Mormons and Muslims got theirs, too.
D     A         And each one thinks they are the best, at least one cloud
above all the rest.
E     F#m    That includes the Hindu and the Jew.

G G#
A     E         God please save me from your army.
E     A         The one's who kill and die for you in vain.
D     A         Don't they realize that behind their enemies' eyes
E     F#m    lies another creature you have made.

D   E   A          God's way too big to fit in one religion.
D   E   F#m     Like the wind God cannot be contained.
D         A          A leaf may feel the rays of sun, but that leaf's not
the only one.
E         F#m    This tree may not feel the sun the same.

G G#
A     E         You may think I've got no respect.
E     A          I might seem quite the heretic.
D     A         I've got my own beliefs, in this regard, I'm not unique.
E     F#m    They’re growing and absorbing when they stick.

G G#
A     E         So maybe we can all add to the scene.
E     A         Perhaps your blue will go good with my green.
D     A         A tree is not a forest without a sky above it.
E     F#m    and all of it’s neigbors in between.

D   E   A          How could God fit in one religion?
D   E   F#m     Do you think you can catch God like the wind?
D         A          A leaf may feel the rays of sun, but that leaf's not
the only one.
E         F#m     This tree's leaves may have a different bend.

D         A          A leaf may feel the rays of sun, but that leaf's not
the only one.
E         F#m     This tree's leaves may have a different bend.

http://www.icehouse.net/garrett/index.htm

"What are we doing to our Home?!:("