[Vision2020] Arrest aftermath

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 11:58:59 -0800

Dear visionaries,

Tom Hansen takes umbrage that I called him a progressive (because he writes
like one), and the offense was because he had never called himself that.
The term, which I still think is accurate, was not intended as a slur or a
pejorative reference. It simply points to a position with which I disagree.
We can also disagree over whether he is in fact a de facto progressive. He
certainly doesn't want to be called one, and I will certainly endeavor to
keep this in mind.

In the meantime, he feels free to identify me as a Nazi racist jackass,
though I have not identified myself in these terms, at least to my
recollection. If the rule is that we can only identify others in the terms
by which they identify themselves, then I am left wondering at this
inconsistent application of the rules. But if we intend to live by these
rules, I am game and all for it. If Tom will let me know how he wants to be
referenced, I will do so. And I would like him to call me a sage.

Cordially,

Douglas