[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:17:31 -0700

<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>Tom, </FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>Dale was just trying to prove his point about the public educational system not working when he said "Guess we should change the motto on our money: E Pluribus Unum". He was implying that it meant "In God We Trust" and not knowing that it meant .</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>&nbsp;He would also know that in 1863, US Treasury Secretary Chase approved the present motto, "In God We Trust" on the coin to show that The Union was "on the side of God" against slavery. It was not until the early 1900's that religious protestants pushed to have them placed back on the coins. Theodore Roosevelt, President at the time, was opposed to idea because he believed it was blasphemous to put God's name on something that was a worldly good. "Out of many, one", is the meaning of the Latin words "E Pluribus Unum". It was created as part of the official Seal of the United States. It was created by John Adam and Thomas Jefferson in 1776. The words "Out of many, one" symbolizes how the 13 colonies came together as one.</FONT></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>It was not until 1956, in order to show the communists whose' side God was on, that President Eisenhower signed into law the official motto of the United States being "In God We Trust" instead of "E Pluribus Unum". </FONT></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>So&nbsp;naturally, Dale being the way he is, believed that if "E Pluribus Unum" was the National Motto at one time, and "In God We Trust" being the National Motto later on, he assumed one meant the other.</FONT></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>This is precisely, why so many Americans are against the idea of funding Home School. Clearly, if Dale was home schooling his children he would be teaching them wrong information on such simple and basic information as I learned in 7th grade. </FONT></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>It also proves that Dale has been corrupted by the Religious Right in believing that the forefathers used God in the Constitution and were for the idea of God being the central theme of all America.</FONT></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>What is even more frightening is that Dale is an educator.</FONT></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=2>Donovan J Arnold&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR><BR></FONT></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>