[Vision2020] don't blame FSR

Bill London london@moscow.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:25:53 -0700

I am afraid that we are on the verge of alienating our benefactor.
FSR provides the hosting/maintenance for the V2020 list FOR FREE, as in
no charge, as in without their support this list is dead.
This discussion about purging Stambler has taken a direction that
threatens the relationship between V2020 and FSR.
I worry that recent postings blame FSR for what have been decisions by
V2020 subscribers to not move toward a moderated list.  FSR does not
make the decisions about whether or not to purge individuals from this
list.  The V2020 member/subscribers make that decision.
If I were an owner of FSR, I would be very nervous now.  I would not
like the attacks made on FSR in this public forum.  I would weigh the
benefits of continuing this relationship.  I would wonder if the
negative publicity and bad feelings and extra hassle were really worth
it.
Please remember that FSR donates their support with the very sensible
business reason that they want their donation to build good will.
If we poison that relationship, we risk losing their support.
We should be praising FSR, not blaming FSR.
BL