[Vision2020] don't blame FSR

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:38:40 -0700

Bill wrote:
> I am afraid that we are on the verge of alienating our benefactor.
> FSR provides the hosting/maintenance for the V2020 list FOR FREE, as in
> no charge, as in without their support this list is dead.

I was contacted offline and accused of attacking FSR. For the record, I want
to make it *perfectly* clear that my complaints on the libelous materials
posted on the forum have *nothing* to do with Kevin or First Step's
endorsement of them.

I am impressed with First Step. Having spent 7 years in Silicon Valley
dealing with all sorts of ISPs, I can tell you that the shop Kevin Owen runs
at FSR is the *best* I have ever had dealings with. Their Tech Support wins
hands-down, and their service has an uptime that would make the best
California ISP jealous. I'm probably the happiest customer that FSR has and
routinely recommend people to them for their service.

I am grateful that they are willing to provide Vision2020 service "free" of
charge so that we have this forum available. As you may recall, when Mr.
Stambler started deleting accounts at UI last year, FSR jumped thru hoops to
install a new discussion board system to prevent this. That is just one
demonstration of their support of this forum.

So my complaints are not against FSR. My *concern* is that there are
libelous materials sitting on the vision2020 server that FSR hosts. That's a
completely different issue.

Best,
Dale