[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 09:22:54 +0000

Luke:

Students in the public schools recite a pledge NOW that states they are "one
nation under God" right in the pledge of allegiance!  This reference to God
was challenged in the courts, but this challenge so far has failed.

I know that in the subjects studied in public schools now, in literature,
history and sociology or social studies classes, "God" is mentioned and
discussed.  It would be impossible to teach literature, history and
sociology with mentioning the subject of God and religion.  How could you
teach history without mentioning the Pope and Catholic church?  How many
poems and novels mention God?  Numerous.  Literature courses have passages
in books that mention God.  And sociology courses will give the breakdown of
religious faith in the USA, mostly Christian, with a few other faiths making
up the rest.

And again I state, it is not taught in the public schools, now or at any
time, that there is no God, unless by some teacher pushing their own agenda
against the rules!

You are suggesting that the public schools have a policy of teaching
Atheism, and that is just plain not true!

Ted