[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 04:14:46 -0700

<P>Luke&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;You stated that "the German race in the 1930's adopted social Darwinism and explicitly stated that the Germanic race was the most evolved of the species and deserved to rule the world. It was because of Social Darwinism that WWII was started, NOT because of Christianity. (Italian Fascists also claimed that the Italian race was at the top of the spectrum.)"</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>This is incorrect. Hitler only espoused that garbage, he didn't believe it himself (only people that don't have a life believe this). He used the the Jews as an escape goat and to acquire wealth and labor for the war. Not to mention subjects to conduct studies for the advancement of science. &nbsp;I mean come'on, he was allies with the Japanese and Middle Easterners and fighting against the British, French, Australians, US, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, and Russians. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Social Darwinism is NOT the same as Darwinism itself. Social Darwinism was created decades after the death of the Darwin. Nor does the theory of Darwinism say that only one race will survive because it is better, it also has to do with luck. Nor does it say that one species will go extinct, just that it adapts or changes. Nor does this even apply to humans because there are not multiple races of Humans. All humans today are of the same race. Genetics may be a bit different, but we are all the same race, Neanderthals died out many years ago. All humans today are 99.4% genetically identical. Nor was this even my point.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;My point was that world leaders throughout time have claimed the religion of the people to justify their brutality. Just because Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Napoleon, Julius Cesar, and Osama all claim to be one of "God's sent" does not mean that they are one of God's sent. My point was also that you are hypocritical to say that when Hussein and Osama claim to be of God and slaughter people in the name of their "faith" that you accept that as a true proclamation of the "Muslim faith". However, when people like Hitler, and countless numbers of Kings and Queens, and other religious leaders slaughter people in the name of their "faith" in Christianity you reject it? Why do you use one standard to judge one group of people and another standard to judge another group of people? If Christianity is that truth then you should use the same standard, you botch the rules to favor what you want and call this just, when it fact it is the antithesis of just and fairness. So when you d!
 o this, others that are just as fanatical as you but of another faith see your injustice and hypocrisy in how you judge you give ammunition to them to disarm others trying to get people to see the righteousness of Christ. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>If I knew nothing of the Muslim Faith or of the Christian Faith, and were wishing to establish a faith, I would most likely choose the Muslim faith based on the hypocritical nature that you use to judge people. Christians have slaughtered more people, own more wealth, and try to control more people then any other group of people under any other religious faith. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>So why not say, people that do evil acts are of "no faith" in God and simply do so to generate greater wealth and/or power for themselves and let the true followers of&nbsp; the "faiths" be the true measure of which faith is the greater faith?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"You stated that when you went to school, then God was recognized in public education. However, that was probably before the Supreme Court made it illegal to pray in school, before they made it illegal to read the Bible in school. Things have changed, Mr. Arnold, things have changed." </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I am probably not much older then you Luke. We had computers, VCR's, and overhead projectors. Unless they no longer say the pledge of allegiance, and don't teach history, literture, government,&nbsp;music, reading, science,&nbsp;and disbanded student groups, it is unlikely they stopped teaching about a superior being. Nor was I ever prevented from praying. I could pray before classes started, before each test I took, before lunch, before recess, and after all of these. I could also pray when ever else it struck me to do so. I really doubt children are beaten or tossed out of school if they decided to pray before a test or during recess as you are proposing they do now. They can't bring in Priests, Bishops, and Cardinals to lead prayers, No, and I agree with this. If I am in a class with a majority of Mormons, or Jews, or Protestants, or Muslims, or Hindus, I would not want to pray in the same fashion as they do. I would want to pray in the manner my church taught me to do!
  so. Nor would I want to have to follow any faith against my will or force any other person to follow mine. It is pointless for my faith to force people, particularly children, because it is about freely doing so. If I was forced to pray another way then what I am use to, or&nbsp;to call my God by another&nbsp;name, in school I would have stood up an objected to the idea of doing so. Nor would I want my Teacher declaring that there is or isn't a God to children. They do not have the authority to do so. They are suppose to teach about subjects they are trained and certified to teach in. Priests, Bishops, and Cardinals are suppose to be teaching children about their faith in God. It is the personal responsibility of the parents to make sure this is done outside the classroom. Some things should be taught by the parents not public officials.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Luke,</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you say the pledge of allegiance without mentioning God?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach about the "Holy Roman Empire" without mentioning God?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach about the Mayflower?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach about the Egyptian Empire?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach about&nbsp;Salem Witch hunts?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach about the Constitution?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach about the Popes or Martian Luther or Thomas Becket?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach about the "Divine Right of Kings"?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>How do you teach anything about American, European, African, South American, Middle Eastern, or Asian History or culture when everything since the beginning of humanity revolved around the idea that there is some type of Supreme being. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>