[Vision2020] California Democrats Overheard On Budget: Milking Crisis

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:33:39 -0700

Scott wrote:
> Republicans are less likely to get caught with their pants
> down?  Hmmm...Bob Livingston, Newt Gingrich, Helen Chenowith,
> Dan Burton, Henry Hyde (oh yes, this was just a "youthful"
> indescretion at age 46) versus Bill Clinton, Gary Hart, Jesse
> Jackson and...well I'm sure there are some more on the left.
> It's not very clear to me that being conservative or liberal
> has much of an influence on engaging in extra marital
> activities.  These are mutually exclusive...just like
> religion and ethics.

Scott, I guess my sarcasm was a little too subtle.

My swipe was at Clinton being *caught* with his pants down. The Republicans
have been caught -- but not with their flies open for the world to read of
the account in the daily newspaper.

The Republicans do *not* have the higher ground here. That was *not* what I
was intending on saying.

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho