[Vision2020] Presidential Elections

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:31:56 -0700

Tim wrote:
>    Otherwise, all a candidate would need to do is
> promise to bail California out of its multi-billion
> dollar deficit and maybe toss a couple of other juicy
> bones their way. He/she would likely get upwards of
> 65% of the CA vote for that pandering. The rest of the
> popular vote needed would be easy just on the basis of
> party affiliation or some other issue.

Grandiose pre-election promises smacking of old-fashioned vote-buying? That
surely cannot happen in *our* country (or State).

<Tongue firmly implanted in cheek>

Of course, the more we expect the civil government to do for us, the more
likely the vote-buying promises -- and the later each year the "Cost of
Government Day" becomes...

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho