[Vision2020] uranium denial--GUTLESS DEMOS?

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:53:10 -0700 (PDT)

Donovan,
You wrote:

"Fifth, why didn't the Republicans impeach Lewinsky,
it was her that did the
act, not Clinton."

Actually what you imply here, that the impeachment was
just about Lewinsky is incorrect.

The two adopted articles of impeachment read as
follows:

1st Article.The president provided perjurious, false
and misleading testimony to the grand jury regarding
the Paula Jones case and his relationship with Monica
Lewinsky.

2nd Article. NOT ADOPTED

3rd Article. The president obstructed justice in an
effort to delay, impede, cover up and conceal the
existence of evidence related to the Jones case.

While we're discussing it, can you imagine the
reaction of the supposedly feminist-minded Democrat
party if a GOP pres. had perjured himself concerning
of all things A SEXUAL HARASSMENT LAWSUIT in which he
himself was the defendant?

I can hear it now.
Oooooh the nerve of that sexist lout. Ahhhh...the
chutzpah of that chauvinist!! Let's maul that
malicious misogynist!QQ

BUT, when it was one of their own we heard barely a
peep of criticism against this fellow who has often
behaved as if women are little more than chattel for
his private pleasure. And not only that, committed the
crime of perjury when he got caught.

 NO, all we got from these pillars of profound
feminist virtue was James Carville's classist comment
about Paula Jones being "trailer trash," and cries of
"let's move on."

  Gee, I thought feminists considered sexual
harassment serious business that should be fully
investigated and litigated so that the rights of
women, especially women in subordinate employment
positions, could be protected.

  Well they do, as long as one of their buddies necks
isn't on the line. Oh, and it would help if  the
alleged victim of this harassment is an elite Ivy
League type--one of them.  If she's not terribly
refined, not too wealthy, and doesn't have many
connections when the alleged harassment took place,
well, that's not a big deal.
  Just sweep it under the rug, lie about it,  or "MOVE
ON," right?
    TL