[Vision2020] Free Speech and Crazy Bush

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:35:54 -0800

At 09:38 AM 1/29/2003 -0800, Carl Westberg wrote:
>It's obvious we will be at war soon.  Why the obsessive focus on Iraq?  It
>seem's the "axis of evil" has been condensed to Saddam, with North Korea,
>Iran, etc. being "different".  After Iraq, which way does Dubya point his
>cowboy hat?  Iraq is far from the only country we would have reason to go
>war with, given Bush's criteria.  I understand Canada's been ticking the
>adminstration off lately.

Aside from the oil issue, Iraq meets a number of other U.S. considerations
as a candidate for war, without any exclusionary issues.

For example, since Vietnam, it has been U.S. policy not to fight any wars
that it would have a remote possibility of losing, or even a remote
possibility of resulting in massive U.S. casualties.  With 50,000 U.S.
troops within artillery range of North Korea, this point on the axis is
clearly excluded.  Developing nuclear weapons?  By their own admission.  A
target for U.S. military attack?  Not under the mutual damage exclusionary
principle.  We only attack countries that have no real possibility of
fighting back:  Iraq, Grenada, Panama, Libya, etc.  Again, under the
principles of war, if your enemy cannot fight back or reasonably defend
itself, there is no war, merely a massacre.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843