[Vision2020] Paying for Unused Vacation Time

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:17:13 -0800

The Moscow City Council is proposing to pay some city
employees for unused vacation time. According to this
morning's Daily News, city officials are not revealing which
employees would receive such buy-outs or how much each would
receive "because of privacy concerns." The information was
provided privately to the council members.

I thought the "city officials" and the council members were
public officials responsible for paying public funds to
public employees.

Am I missing something?

I'm not suggesting that it would be a friendly gesture for
city officials to share the details. I'm suggesting that
it's legally public information.

So maybe the newspaper got it wrong. Maybe the city
officials and council members just haven't got around to
sharing yet.

Don Coombs