[Vision2020] Fwd: Help us get to 200,000 by tomorrow

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:16:13 -0800

Greetings Visionaires -

I tend to disagree with Mr. Jones.

Yes.  Electronic "signatures" can be forged to an electronic petition.

However, I am certain that once the petition is filed and the proper
authorities desire to challenge its validity, this can be done quite easily.
Part of the "signature" requires that the signer enter his/her e-mail
address, mailing address, and phone number.  Verification requests can be
electronically sent to e-mail address.  Verification requests can be
conducted telephonically or via US Postal Service.  If the proper authority
does not receive a favorable response to the verification request, that
"signature" can be discounted.

It is that simple.