[Vision2020] The Rose Bowl...

Linda Pall lpall@moscow.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:16:42 -0800

Dear Don and Visionaries,

The Rose Bowl was a big disappointment for those of us who were cheering on
our students who are part of the Cougar team... this was really important
for them and it didn't work out. I take offense at the characterization Don
made of the team as "large, semi-agile goons" on either side. I don't know
the Sooners but these WSU students work hard (at least the ones in my
business law classes) AND they love their game. There's more to it than
you're giving them credit for.

WSU, Pullman, the Palouse, alumni, parents and friends of the team can all
be proud of students who did a good job whether from Washtuckna, Washington,
or Compton, California. The school is richer for having the program, both in
monetary terms and human terms.

I thought the WSU marching band clearly came out ahead... Malaguena has
always been a band favorite of mine, piccolo in place.

By the way, my students, football players and band members included, read
some fairly difficult cases and learn to sort out some challenging
Constitutional and statutory problems affecting American business. I
eventually returned to MY book of choice for the holiday about Thomas
Jefferson (The Sphinx), despite wanting to give a consolation hug to my
students who wanted so much to do well and get the Rose Bowl win.

Happy New Year to all...

Linda Pall