[Vision2020] Arrest aftermath

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:09:10 -0800

I agree with Mr. Westberg.  The last person I would want to be right now is
a Muslim student at UI as I walk down the streets of Moscow this weekend.

We should show these students that, in spite of the arrest this past week,
we welcome them.  The only people that might be worse off is Sami
Al-Hussayyen's wife and his children.  If some of the Muslim students get
the "cold shoulder" treatment from are residents, you can only begin to
imagine the treatment that his wife and children will be forced to
experience.

Any opinions either way?

Take care,

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Westberg [mailto:carlwestberg846@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 7:42 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Arrest aftermath

I just heard a sound bite of President Hoover assuring Moscow residents,
students, and parents of U of I students that the university and our town
are safe, following the incident the other day.  Does anyone really feel any

less safe than we did 48 hours ago?  This is somewhat overwrought, in my
opinion.  If anyone does have a justification for increased anxiety, I
believe it would be the innocent Muslims living in our Palouse community.

                                                         Carl Westberg Jr.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com