[Vision2020] "Proposal would let schools ban books" (fwd)

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:43:35 -0800

Jacob Spencer wrote:

Obviously the Idaho legislature is not attempting
> to burn or ban any books.  What they are saying is that parents and
> local school districts have the authority to keep kids from reading
> certain materials while at school.  I see nothing wrong with this.
Of course not. The fact that local school districts have
always had the authority to keep kids from reading certain
materials while at school is beside the point. The
Legislature is wisely using its time to get on record on
this, again, because everything is hunky-dory in Idaho and
there are no real problems needing attention.

Don Coombs