[Vision2020] liquor insurance liability

Saundra Lund sslund@moscow.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:05:33 -0800

Mr. Curley wrote:
"c.  providing liquor at public events in public facilities is
and has been an issue of not only public debate but city
council consideration and vote (beer garden at
Renaissance Fair)--thus, not only the authorization and
insurance for such events, but their very propriety in
public facilities . . . "

Boy, I do hate to jump in where a thread has already become a little
heated, but . . .

If I write anything really stupid, please be gentle with me as my brain
is somewhat congested by the flu  ;-)

I guess my reaction is a little different in that I'd guess MCA likely
reserved the Great Room *not* as a Group 1 -- "City of Moscow sponsored
and co-sponsored events,"  but probably as either "Group II are
non-profit groups and service clubs," or "Group III are private parties,
wedding receptions, commercial activities and for profit organizations."

Also, alcohol is obviously permitted at functions in the Great Room:
"Alcohol Fee
$20/event (does not include required catering permit)
Any group requesting alcohol in conjunction with the use will be
assessed this fee."

Source:
http://ci.moscow.id.us/1912/index.asp

Remind me again what the issue is?

IIRC, one thing I *do* remember is that some private businesses were
less than pleased that the City-owned 1912 Center is now providing
competition with them for space rentals for private parties & such . . .

Respectfully,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, Idaho

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to
do nothing.
Edmund Burke