[Vision2020] Violations of international law

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:52:08 -0800

I agree with the World Court's recommendation for a stay of execution of
those Mexican prisoners.  My comment was merely meant as sarcasm in that
Mexico would not take military action against a more powerful country.

Duh!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Hoffmann [mailto:escape@alt-escape.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 2:40 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Violations of international law

At 01:37 PM 2/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Gee.  Here is a surprise.  Some backward, third-world country (Mexico) has
>not announced any plans to take military action against the US.

I think you've brought up a point that's been lost on me here.  It is only
the U.S. that gets to take military action against backward, third-world
countries.  Vice versa would be utterly silly, because of the disparity of
military power.  And of course, points of justification are not worth
mentioning in either case.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843