[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:07:23 -0800

>> "I'm always amazed that liberals are "pro-choice" when it
>> comes to exterminating life, but "anti-choice" when it comes
>> to basic parental rights."
>
> In a debate of private versus public education, Mr. Courtney
> brings up abortion.  This goes beyond ignorant.

I'm not sure how it's ignorant. We're discussing "choice". In the
educational world, liberals are "anti-choice". In the prenatal world,
liberals are "pro-choice". That seems odd.

> But, since
> Mr. Courtney brought up the topic, I have one comment.
> Pro-choice DOES NOT mean pro-abortion.  It means just what it
> says.

OK, I'll change the wording to "pro-death". There's a constitutional "right
to life"; there is no constitutional "right to education" (though, listening
to the liberal elite, you'd think those two were switched).

> Let the private citizen make the decision (choice).
> Or would you prefer more government influence in your personal lives?

I'm a libertarian. I'd prefer *no* government intervention -- except to
uphold the constitutional rights.

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho