[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Sch ools

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:58:40 -0800

Dale Courtney stated:

"I'm always amazed that liberals are "pro-choice" when it comes to
exterminating life, but "anti-choice" when it comes to basic parental
rights."

In a debate of private versus public education, Mr. Courtney brings up
abortion.  This goes beyond ignorant.  But, since Mr. Courtney brought up
the topic, I have one comment.  Pro-choice DOES NOT mean pro-abortion.  It
means just what it says.  Let the private citizen make the decision
(choice).  Or would you prefer more government influence in your personal
lives?

I also fail to see where us liberals are "anti-choice" when it comes to
basic parental rights.  Please enlighten us.

Tom Hansen
Just another liberal from Moscow, Idaho