[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:55:35 -0800

Debbie writes:

> So which is it? Do private schools fill the need of every
> student because every parent will, of course, act in the best
> interest of their child? Or will there be gaps in education?

Uh, er, I hate to tell you this: there are gaps in education now. *Huge*
gaps. Look at the difference between government education in Moscow verses
in Oakland, Calif.

If you think that the government education has leveled the playing field,
you're wrong. It's taken the poor to the least common denominator; and it
has taken those willing the shell out the money (through either being
wealthy or through significant personal sacrifice) to the educated class.

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho