[Vision2020] your vision of Moscow's future

Priscilla Salant psalant@moscow.com
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 19:57:41 -0800

My vision for Moscow is that people will discuss public issues respectfully
and civilly, without making thoughtless and frankly ridiculous statements
like the following recent post on this listserv.  Life is too short to be
this rude to elected officials just trying to do the right thing, whether
you agree with their positions or not.

(On the subject of the upcoming bond election, one person wrote ...)

The goal is to line the pockets of those who favor the people in power, not
conserve tax dollars. Why would they conserve tax dollars when they can
always steal more?

Priscilla Salant