[Vision2020] taxation

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:07:36 EST

-------------------------------1072476456

In a message dated 12/24/2003 10:35:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dmcourtn@moscow.com writes:
Might be worth a read back to the Federalist Papers to see what our Founding
Fathers had intended for our federal government to do (and not do!).
I don't understand this way of thinking. First, our Founding Fathers were all
different people and all had lots of different ideas about what they thought
the government should do and not do. Some were Federalists and some were
Anti-Federalists.
Second, the founding fathers could not see that the US would become the most
powerful and wealthy nation in the world with nearly 300 million inhabitants.
Third, do we really want to keep all the same values that the Founding
Fathers had? They didn't believe in direct elections, they didn't believe all races
were equal, they didn't believe that women were equal to men, they thought
slavey was fine, and that Indians were wild primitive creatures that needed to be
wiped out.
Finally, if the Founding Fathers did not wish for us to change things and
their ideas as time went on and situations changed they would not have allowed
and set forth a legal process for changing the Constitution.

Donovan

-------------------------------1072476456

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 12/24/2003 10:35:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, dmcour=
tn@moscow.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>Might be worth a read back to the Federalist P=
apers to see what our Founding<BR>Fathers had intended for our federal gover=
nment to do (and not do!). </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>I don't understand this way of thinking. First, our Founding Fathers we=
re all different people and all had lots of different ideas about what they=20=
thought the government should do and not do. Some were Federalists and some=20=
were Anti-Federalists. </DIV>
<DIV>Second, the founding fathers could not see that the US would become the=
 most powerful and wealthy nation in the world with nearly 300 million inhab=
itants.</DIV>
<DIV>Third, do we really want to keep all the same values that the Founding=20=
Fathers had? They didn't believe in direct elections, they didn't believe al=
l races were equal, they didn't believe that women were equal to men, they t=
hought slavey was fine, and that Indians were wild primitive creatures that=20=
needed to be wiped out. </DIV>
<DIV>Finally, if the Founding Fathers did not wish for us to change things a=
nd their ideas as time went on and situations changed they would not have al=
lowed and set forth a legal process for changing the Constitution.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>