[Vision2020] taxation

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:31:37 EST

-------------------------------1072474297

In a message dated 12/26/2003 5:07:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dmcourtn@moscow.com writes:

Dale asks,
"Any idea why Idaho has the 12th highest State tax burden in the entire
nation?"
Yes,

We have a Republican run state Legislature and Governor. There are many poor
people in Idaho. When you use regressive taxes, like sales tax on food,
medicine, and clothing, you don't tax things that rich people use like services, you
end up with a high percentage of people paying a higher percentage of their
income.

If you had a Democratic run legislature we would have a progressive form of
taxation. More revenue would be used from other sources to fund education
making high property taxes unnecessary to fund education. When the Republicans cut
funding for education, we still have existing needs to run our schools, so to
make up for that lost revenue, it goes back to local communities. The only
form of taxation that local governments can enact is higher property taxes. This
is why you pay outrageous taxes on your property. Ever since Cecil D. Andrus
left office, property taxes have gone through the roof!

If you want to return Idaho to an affordable place to live again like it was
until the 1990's, vote Democrat in the 2004 election. It is that simple.

Donovan

-------------------------------1072474297

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 12/26/2003 5:07:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, dmcourt=
n@moscow.com writes:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dale asks,</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Any idea why Idaho ha=
s the 12th highest State tax burden in the entire nation?"</FONT></FONT></BL=
OCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Yes,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We have a Republican run state Legislature and Governor. There are many=
 poor people in Idaho. When you use regressive taxes, like sales tax on food=
, medicine, and clothing, you&nbsp;don't tax things that rich people use lik=
e services, you end up with a high percentage of people paying a higher perc=
entage of their income. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you had a Democratic run legislature&nbsp;we would have a progressiv=
e form of taxation. More revenue would be used from other sources to fund ed=
ucation making high property taxes unnecessary to fund education. When the R=
epublicans cut funding for education, we still have existing needs to run ou=
r schools, so to make up for that lost revenue, it goes back to local commun=
ities. The only form of taxation that local governments can enact is higher=20=
property taxes. This is why you pay outrageous taxes on your property. Ever=20=
since Cecil D. Andrus left office, property taxes have gone through the roof=
! </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you want to return Idaho to an affordable place to live again like i=
t was until the 1990's, vote Democrat in the 2004 election. It is that simpl=
e.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan</DIV></BODY></HTML>