[Vision2020] taxation

Cjsnightclub@aol.com Cjsnightclub@aol.com
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:26:49 EST

--part1_d1.1bac28b.2d176a19_boundary

Visioneers:

I would like to respond to some of your emails.

Ron - thanx for all the info but I am talking about "property" tax. Not
individual income tax. Compare "property taxes." You will be astonished.

Dick - Here! Here! Yeah for the common sense side on your first email. I
retract it now. After reading your second email I now see the common sense portion
got lost. Don't forget to include everybody in your tax scenario. You too!
How about a "toll bridge?"

Debbie - To my knowledge there is not a single 21 year old that lives in the
halls. Therefore, -0- CJ's customers. Also - the highway that they are
crossing is a "state" highway. Has nothing to do with the city street. Nothing! Isn't
the person who ran over the other person responsible? Provided they were
crossing legally?

Dale - Seems to me if you wanted to compare apples to apples let's take
Oregon for example. Take their median income, median home value and look at their
tax burden. Remember they have no sales tax. Look at the mark up of the
utilities that the cities add and you will see that we are way off the scale. Oregon
property tax is approximately 1%. Income tax is comparable. We have to pay a
tax to the state to eat. At least in Calif. and Washington the sales tax is not
applicable to food. Just one of the necessities of life. Something we should
not be taxed on. Just like water. People that collect food stamps are they
penalized and have to pay sales tax too? Sounds like double taxation. They taxed
us first to give them the benefit then tax it again when they eat. When is
this burden gonna end.

Tom - The students are here for a total of 6 1/2 months. They are not here
for all the three day weekends, every holiday, etc. Look around right now. They
are gone till the middle of January. How can you count this time? They are not
here. I guess because the tourists spend money down in McCall they should
double their population figure also? Those people down there spend a whole lot
more money than the students here do. Everybody knows the students have hardly
any money for disposable purposes. Most of it goes on food and books.
University gain and the state gain since food is taxed. They get .6 cents on every
dollar they spend.

Phil

--part1_d1.1bac28b.2d176a19_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Visioneers:<BR>
<BR>
I would like to respond to some of your emails.<BR>
<BR>
Ron - thanx for all the info but I am talking about "property" tax. Not indi=
vidual income tax. Compare "property taxes." You will be astonished.<BR>
<BR>
Dick - Here! Here! Yeah for the common sense side on your first email. I ret=
ract it now. After reading your second email I now see the common sense port=
ion got lost. Don't forget to include everybody in your tax scenario. You to=
o! How about a "toll bridge?"<BR>
<BR>
Debbie - To my knowledge there is not a single 21 year old that lives in the=
 halls. Therefore, -0- CJ's customers. Also - the highway that they are cros=
sing is a "state" highway. Has nothing to do with the city street. Nothing!=20=
Isn't the person who ran over the other person responsible? Provided they we=
re crossing legally?<BR>
<BR>
Dale - Seems to me if you wanted to compare apples to apples let's take Oreg=
on for example. Take their median income, median home value and look at thei=
r tax burden. Remember they have no sales tax. Look at the mark up of the ut=
ilities that the cities add and you will see that we are way off the scale.=20=
Oregon property tax is approximately 1%. Income tax is comparable. We have t=
o pay a tax to the state to eat. At least in Calif. and Washington the sales=
 tax is not applicable to food. Just one of the necessities of life. Somethi=
ng we should not be taxed on. Just like water. People that collect food stam=
ps are they penalized and have to pay sales tax too? Sounds like double taxa=
tion. They taxed us first to give them the benefit then tax it again when th=
ey eat. When is this burden gonna end.<BR>
<BR>
Tom - The students are here for a total of 6 1/2 months. They are not here f=
or all the three day weekends, every holiday, etc. Look around right now. Th=
ey are gone till the middle of January. How can you count this time? They ar=
e not here. I guess because the tourists spend money down in McCall they sho=
uld double their population figure also? Those people down there spend a who=
le lot more money than the students here do. Everybody knows the students ha=
ve hardly any money for disposable purposes. Most of it goes on food and boo=
ks. University gain and the state gain since food is taxed. They get .6 cent=
s on every dollar they spend.<BR>
<BR>
Phil</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0"><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_d1.1bac28b.2d176a19_boundary--