[Vision2020] Fwd: Victim of birthday spankings speaks . . .

Valuachild@aol.com Valuachild@aol.com
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:02:20 EST

--part1_91.37459938.2d15da9c_boundary

From: Valuachild@aol.com
Full-name: Valuachild
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 03:36:45 EST
Subject: Victim of birthday spankings speaks . . .
To: Vision2020@aol.com
CC: eric@eric-e.com, dickschmidt@moscow.com, mghuskey@msn.com,
	benjamin_barker@hotmail.com, lukenieuwsma@softhome.net,
	wramsey@uidaho.edu, deveryone@potlatch.com, sslund@adelphia.net,
	ngier@uidaho.edu, auntiestablishment@hotmail.com

--part2_91.37459938.2d15641d_boundary

This letter was initially meant as a response from me to a V2020 post from
someone named Eric who doubted me and my story about Logos/Christ Church.  This
man, and I will call him a man, came forward and humbly apologized.  And Eric,
I accept your apology.    As I was writing this, however, my just turned 14
year old son came to kiss me good night.   I told him that I was responding to
someone who doubted that some of  his other classmates at Logos were ever
spanked on their birthdays.  Nate took over the keyboard. . .. . and here is his
letter to you. .. .

Dear Eric,

 I came to Logos in the third grade. It was fun and I didnt have any trouble
with mean kids or any thing like that. At the beginning of my fourth grade
year I was excited to see my friends. December came...my birthday. One day my
teacher said that I was to go to the office to see Mr. Garfield. When I got to
the office my heart was beating wildly, I wasn't used to going to the office. I
was called inside. Mr. Garfield sat me down and said," How old are you Nate?"
"11" I replied, " Do I have to get birthday spankings?" I asked timidly. "
They wont hurt. Just a couple." And then he pulled off his counter to paddles one
wooden the other plastic. They looked like ping pong paddles. "Which one do
you want?" Not wanting to get any more spankings than possible I obediently
answered him. "Wooden." whack! whack!! " The last one is the hardest." he said
with a final WHACK!!! He then gave me a coupon saying that I got a free meal at
Arby's. I thanked him and rushed out of his office. I remember leaving with
hot tears running down my redened cheeks. I was embaressed to show myself in
class crying so I waited in the hall waiting for my tears to dry. When I walked
in I put I smile on to show them that everything was fine... It wasn't. Then
came fifth grade. One time I was sent to the office for laughing at one of my
friends jokes. I was taken to the office and spent what seemed like hours
sitting listing to Mr. Whitling tell me how I had rudely interrupted the class and
that I needed to repent to God. Then sixth grade rolled around. This time it
was my friend who suffered. As he left the room for his "birthday present"
everybody jokingly said," Nice knowing ya!" Almost everyone laughed I didn't and
neither did he. He left with a frown on his face. When he came back in his eyes
were red and he seemed to be wiping tears away. He shrugged and said," I've
got something in my eye!" I knew what had happened.
I know that spanking a child is abuse, no matter what the excuse. I was
spanked on my birthday and he didn't even have an excuse. He just did, and if Mr.
Garfield says otherwise he plain, out LYING!

s/s  Nate.R.Stoneman

(Nate has gone to bed now.   I cried when I read this.)

If you are a parent from Logos, you have to ask yourself,  is it worth it??
The Bible says, (paraphrased)  . "I can have all wisdom, all power, and all
knowledge, and I can have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but if I have
not love, I am nothing. . . . nothing."   I Cor 13:2
                                           Ruth Drollinger

Please check out the following links, some of which explain the origin of
"spare the rod spoil the child" . . ..

Click here: CORPORAL PUNISHMENT OF CHILDREN (SPANKING)

 Click here: Spanking Can Be Sexual Abuse

 Click here: Now is the time to fix it!

Click here: http://www.nospank.net/cnpindex.htm

--part2_91.37459938.2d15641d_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">This letter was initially meant as=20=
a response from me to a V2020 post from someone named Eric who doubted me an=
d my story about Logos/Christ Church.&nbsp; This man, and I will call him a=20=
man, came forward and humbly apologized.&nbsp; And Eric, I accept your apolo=
gy.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As I was writing this, however, my just turned 14 year=
 old son came to kiss me good night.&nbsp;&nbsp; I told him that I was respo=
nding to someone who doubted that some of&nbsp; his other classmates at Logo=
s were ever spanked on their birthdays.&nbsp; Nate took over the keyboard. .=
 .. . and here is his letter to you. .. .<BR>
<BR>
<I>Dear Eric,</I><BR>
<BR>
 <I>I came to Logos in the third grade. It was fun and I didnt have any trou=
ble with mean kids or any thing like that. At the beginning of my fourth gra=
de year I was excited to see my friends. December came...my birthday. One da=
y my teacher said that I was to go to the office to see Mr. Garfield. When I=
 got to the office my heart was beating wildly, I wasn't used to going to th=
e office. I was called inside. Mr. Garfield sat me down and said," How old a=
re you Nate?" "11" I replied, " Do I have to get birthday spankings?" I aske=
d timidly. " They wont hurt. Just a couple." And then he pulled off his coun=
ter to paddles one wooden the other plastic. They looked like ping pong padd=
les. "Which one do you want?" Not wanting to get any more spankings than pos=
sible I obediently answered him. "Wooden." whack! whack!! " The last one is=20=
the hardest." he said with a final WHACK!!! He then gave me a coupon saying=20=
that I got a free meal at Arby's. I thanked him and rushed out of his office=
. I remember leaving with hot tears running down my redened cheeks. I was em=
baressed to show myself in class crying so I waited in the hall waiting for=20=
my tears to dry. When I walked in I put I smile on to show them that everyth=
ing was fine... It wasn't. Then came fifth grade. One time I was sent to the=
 office for laughing at one of my friends jokes. I was taken to the office a=
nd spent what seemed like hours sitting listing to Mr. Whitling tell me how=20=
I had rudely interrupted the class and that I needed to repent to God. Then=20=
sixth grade rolled around. This time it was my friend who suffered. As he le=
ft the room for his "birthday present" everybody jokingly said," Nice knowin=
g ya!" Almost everyone laughed I didn't and neither did he. He left with a f=
rown on his face. When he came back in his eyes were red and he seemed to be=
 wiping tears away. He shrugged and said," I've got something in my eye!" I=20=
knew what had happened.<BR>
I know that spanking a child is abuse, no matter what the excuse. I was span=
ked on my birthday and he didn't even have an excuse. He just did, and if Mr=
. Garfield says otherwise he plain, out LYING!<BR>
</I><BR>
s/s&nbsp; Nate.R.Stoneman <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
(Nate has gone to bed now.&nbsp;&nbsp; I cried when I read this.)<BR>
&nbsp; <BR>
If you are a parent from Logos, you have to ask yourself,&nbsp; is it worth=20=
it??&nbsp; The Bible says, (paraphrased)&nbsp; . "I can have all wisdom, all=
 power, and all knowledge, and I can have all faith, so as to remove mountai=
ns, but if I have not love, I am nothing. . . . nothing."&nbsp;&nbsp; I Cor=20=
13:2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ruth Drollinger<BR>
<BR>
Please check out the following links, some of which explain the origin of "s=
pare the rod spoil the child" . . ..<BR>
 <BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.religioustolerance.org/spanking.htm">Click here: CORPO=
RAL PUNISHMENT OF CHILDREN (SPANKING)</A><BR>
<BR>
 <A HREF=3D"http://www.nospank.net/101.htm">Click here: Spanking Can Be Sexu=
al Abuse</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
 <A HREF=3D"http://www.nospank.net/fixitnow.htm">Click here: Now is the time=
 to fix it!</A><BR>
<BR>