[Vision2020] Corporal Punishment & Logos School: Guess My Question . . .

Luke lukenieuwsma@softhome.net
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:16:20 -0800

Dear Mrs. Lund,

> Luke also wrote:
> "The doctrine we're taught is not Wilson doctrine, it is simply the truths
> of the Bible."
> Correction:  a particular interpretation of a particular translation of
the
> truths of the Bible.  I guarantee you that my childhood pastor and my
> grandmamma (different denominations yet two of the most devout Christians
> I've ever had the privilege of knowing) would be rolling over in their
> graves at your interpretations, as presented in various Vision 2020 posts,
> of Biblical truths.

Actually, we use the NIV at Logos. Most CC'ers prefer to use the King James
translation, and I like the NKJV myself. That aside, almost all Christians,
or at least Protestants, would agree on the same basic tenants of
Christianity (the reason being that they are crystal clear from Scripture).
These are what we are taught. Most of the doctrine I know, which isn't much,
I didn't learn from Logos teachers. Please don't think that I am unable of
thinking outside the box; what I may write on V2020, apart from
answers to direct attacks against Logos, does not represent the average
Logos student.

Sincerely and respectfully,
Luke Nieuwsma