[Vision2020] The truth- how the hoopla over ChristChurch/Logos began. . .&corporal punishment

Valuachild@aol.com Valuachild@aol.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 03:32:52 EST

--part1_59.1344515.2d0c28b4_boundary

Saundra and other visionaries,
       Last February I was contacted by Vera White, after winning a landmark
State Supreme Court Case, the first case in the country to test a new law
which makes child custody portable for victims of abuse. (and by the way your own
Steve McClure said rejected the story even though it was front page news in
various papers around the country, eventhough the law was passed in Idaho and
would benefit women)
After getting the story on my case, Vera then asked me the question, "So what
else to you have going on in your life?"  I said, well, as a matter of fact,
I'm contemplating confronting this school named Logos that my children have
been attending for four years (at one time, all 4 of my children were there),
whom I believed to be run by a cult. She said that no parent had come forward
before, and I told her that I wasn't afraid of coming forward, that I was
disturbed by what my children and I had experienced.  What issues, she said?  I told
her about the school's recent "women only" vote on the board and how I felt
that the subjugation of women was taught there, about their bazaar five year
plan for all faculty staff and students to have a "unified world-view" , also
how there seemed to be discrimination against minorities, and they actually have
this thing about slavery, the worst was the corporal punishment administered
by Tom Garfield and Matt Whittling, over any minor infractions, even before
calling a parent, the unspoken discipline policy of forced waste retention of
the children, and last but not least, birthday spankings.  Although I wanted
Vera to keep a lid on her source, because I wanted my children to finish out the
school year peaceably.  She did, and I respect her.  Vera touched on the
story, mentioning the "women's only" issue and dialoguing with Tom Garfield.
That week I also met for several hours with Doug Wilson's brother and his
wife, because I had a hunch the school was lying about why they had abruptly left
a year earlier.  I was right, they had been fired, and the school lied about
it.   We had a candid discussion about everything, my concerns, and we shared
openly and freely.  After our meeting, and some research on my part, my
suspicions about these people (Christ Church) were confirmed by what I experienced
through the school.  I discovered a 300?  page lawsuit which a former member of
Christ Church filed against the church.  It turns out what I considered evil
and a cultish environment at the school and some of the things being taught
came right from Christ Church doctrine.  Within weeks, I knew I would remove my
children, and I informed the school that they would not be enrolled again.
(after giving these people over $30,000 in tuition over 4 years) I'd had enough.
But first I wanted to question these people in a non-confrontational "iron
sharpening iron" way.  So weeks later at the parent-teacher conferences in March
of last year, I did.
       I went to each of my children's three teachers-- Mrs. B. J.  Jordan
(2nd grade teacher), Ms. Muffy Minnich and Mrs. Scott Barrie (4th grade
teachers),  and Mr. Matt Whittling, (6th grade teacher and school principal)  I wanted
some explanations as to what they were doing to my children. After Mrs.
Jordan could not give me an explanation why she punished my child for not being
able to "hold it" and confronting her about her friend who had frequent bladder
infections for fear of punishment, and realizing why I had to take my son to
the doctor for so many years since he attended her class because he was wetting
his pants for no apparent reason, the teacher threw a paper I presented her
from the American Medical Association at me a paper about "forced waste
retention" and fiercely defended her position stating I was wrong, then on to the 4th
grade class, Mrs. Minnich and Mrs. Barrie, asking them,  now can you tell me
why you seem to glorify the south in your studies of the civil war?, and tell
me why you celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday and have this huge picture of
overshadowing every other picture in your classroom of him and my son feels put
down on a project he did against slavery?, then being told that "Lee was a
Godly Man" as an explanation, etc. , then on to Mr. Matt Whittling, sixth grade
teacher for my oldest son, one of Logos' star pupils and drama students, Mr.
Whittling, a writer for Wilson's Credenda, leader in Christ Church, and the
principal of the school, who teaches strange cultish "mantras" to the children at
their assemblies,  and administers corporal punishment to the children,
expecting even the 5 and 6 years olds to fall in line, asking Mr. Whittling, so why
is my son so disturbed that you put down women leaders in history?, in
particular during your studies of the Salic laws?, moralizing the students that woman
were to "serve" men (exact words from my son) and why he was made to feel that
if he and other classmates objected, he would be sent to the office for a
"spanking"?? and being stonewalled.  After these teachers made me feel like,
"gee, you're the only parent who feels this way!" and experiencing their
underlying hostility towards me and not getting any answers, I politely and quietly
left.  Shortly thereafter, the "gossip" letter came.  A March 31st email Tom
Garfield distributed to all the Logos people, and I would imagine Christ Church
members, a letter demonizing me, labeling me as a sinner, a slanderer. What
followed from the email were 2 weeks where my children were tormented by other
students, told by some of their best friends that their parents would not let
them play together anymore, picking my son up with tears running down his cheeks,
and my usually cheerful, happy go lucky, 2nd grade daughter, all the while
keeping the torment secret.  After my daughter began experiencing all kinds of
physical ailments, she finally told me was happening to her at school.  It
turns out that after days of being taunted, by another little girl in her class,
the girl calling her names, pushing her down, making fun of her, she went to
Mrs. Jordan, her teacher, "please make this girl stop being mean and calling me
names" Mrs. Jordan told her "sorry, I can't help you unless you have two
witnesses, you know the rules".  My little girl, whom I'm proud to say, then
confronted her tormenter saying "You must go to a bad church because you're so mean
to me"  After she told me all this, I decided not to let her go to school the
next day.  Good thing I did, because she would have been spanked had she gone
to school.  It turns out that the little girl is the daughter of the school
board president, a Mr. Hieronyomus.  And my daughters mention of the "church"
made him furious.   The school sent my son home with a letter, threatening me,
stating that my daughter was to come to school to be punished for criticizing
Christ Church, which is not at all how this came about. It was then and there I
decided to take my children out and not object them to any more abuse.
Although I confronted one of the school board members with my problems (Mr. Scott
Barrie, owner of Creative Image Studio here in Pullman) he was in complete
denial, it was obvious that he didn't have much of a mind of his own, and even
worse, had no clue about birthday spankings, etc., and eventhough he was one who
voted against the women's only issue, and I voted for him, I don't believe he
could stand up to Wilson at all.   I had other experiences with leaders in
Christ Church, after attending there for awhile and feeling shunned as a single
parent divorcee, I happened to speak to a Mr. Ed VanNuland at a school function
in 2002, Van Nuland is the big money raiser for the school, big Wilson
supporter, and the one who obtained a $50,000? grant from Albertsons for new
computers at the school, I questioned him about my experience visiting the church.
A few days later I received a sturnful letter admonishing me not to gossip,
and attacking me for questioning the church, from none other than Tom Garfield.
I found this brand of loyalty everywhere, this blind allegiance, no
individual identities, a group think, extreme obsessiveness towards the leadership in
the school and on up to Wilson, what I observed over the years as a deepening
group think with all faculty and staff that I knew, some who I knew feared
losing their jobs, and this sort of allegiance to Christ Church, to be disturbing.
 However, before I left, I did sit down with Scott Barrie, a Logos school
board member, an Evangelical Free Church member, at his Creative Image Studio
here in Pullman while discussing photography because I wanted to be sure he was
voting AGAINST the women's only issue at the Feb. Board meeting. I confronted
Scott what I believed was child abuse at the school. Scott refused to believe
my children's experiences, and instead provided me glowing reports of his
impressions of the school, Wilson and its other leaders. What he told me, and what
he sincerely believed, was a quote he used from scripture, that persecution or
criticism of Logos and Christ Church was a sign that believers would receive
a greater "reward in heaven."  The verse he was referring to is Matt. 5:11.
"Blessed are you who when persecuted . . ."  So I came away thinking, it's no
use talking to these people, even a non-Christ church board member refuses to
question their practices.  That was it, Matt. 5:11 is probably what Wilson feeds
to these people, that's what makes this group stronger -- they thrive on what
they consider persecution, not correction.  So after being invited to present
my issues to the Logos School board, I declined.  Why would I present myself
to a group of men, the majority of whom voted against women, after confronting
the teacher at conferences,  after they vilified me,  and causing my children
so much trauma, why should I expose myself to any more of their abuse?  I
heard what they did to the woman who filed the lawsuit against them.  So I just
kept quiet, like everyone else who feels intimidated who leaves the school or
are made to feel that they must be quiet, little peacemakers.

So, for the last nine months my children have kept quiet.  My children and I
entered counseling. And then after finding out that Idaho is one of the few
remaining states that does not have laws on the books to protect children from
abuse in schools such as Logos,  I felt that it was unlikely that Latah County
would act on my children's behalf.   So after all these months, I couldn't
resist attending the so called "public forum" last night to see what kind of
"spin" Wilson would put out to the community and to go public on our experiences.

       And after that meeting, well, today, I am weak and tired, but I am not
defeated.  When I first arrived last night,  I listened a while, to the
charismatic leader, how he moved the crowd, made them laugh, put them at ease, and
I thought, oh, dear God, I hope that the media doesn't fall for this.  Then,
after a nice "government" school teacher spoke, I came to the microphone and
presented my case.  I went immediately on the attack and said that I was there
on behalf of the children and that I brought my evidence, a stack of documents
and pictures,  including my son, who sat behind a Logos teacher, who kept
yelling, make her shut-up, get her out of here, etc, the teacher, who by the way,
was the one particularly glorifying the south and General Lee, Muffy Minnich.
I had a plan, and I accomplished what I set out to do and hopefully it was to
make it plain to see what these people were all about.   I started out with
linking Christ Church doctrine to what my children were taught at the school,
etc. receiving answers from Wilson, confronting him with the evidence,
listening as he gave a lying response, then Wilson's group hollering.  I only got to a
few of my issues out when men started coming down out of the audience, one
man with a gruff beard grabbed me, my mike was turned off, I protested I was at
a public place, this was a public meeting, I kept asking the crowd, 'Don't you
want to hear what I came here to say" and that  I had a right to speak, all I
heard were Christ Church people yelling to "get her out" etc.  After
confronting Wilson with . "you're just afraid of what I have to say, I speak the
truth, I felt like I couldn't breath and this man was in my face,  feeling all
alone, thinking, my gosh, why are people afraid to speak up for me, where are
those who to speak out for children?  only a few said anything.  They tried to
silence me, which were predictions I read from several who wrote on V2020 among
them, Wayne Fox.  They did exactly what an article about cults said, they
silence their critics.   Then seeing how the media reacted, and finding out which
news editors were charmed by this charismatic, arrogant, fat man, and being
literally disgusted, that the media, including David Johnson of the Tribune,
could paint such a nice picture of this event, after what they did to me.

So seeing your comment Saundra, cheered me up some.  So did all of those
souls who met me as I left the Kenworthy. I believe that there are a few of you
out there who act on Edmund Burke's saying.  Perhaps given a different time and
place, say Germany, circa 1939, you would be the same people to speak out
against the horrors of the holocaust, rescuing the innocent,  just perhaps there
are some you in Idaho, who read what authorities have to say on what is
considered child abuse,   perhaps, you folks can go to sleep easier tonight, knowing
your children won't grow up to be angry, damaged adults after being
traumatized by legalism, shaming, and corporal punishment as is being done to many of
the children who are sons and daughters of Christ Church and Logos parents.

How does my domestic violence case tie in to Logos School/Christ Church some
of you have asked???  Easy,  Logos School is a cauldron,  a cauldren of some
dangerous ingredients mixed by outwardly caring, loving teacher, a dangerous
mix and mindset instilled in children, that men have the right to use "power and
control" have the right to use physical force and punishment towards women,
women are to be subject, submissive, servants.  A cauldron where Legalism is
substituted for Jesus' grace.  That's what is so poisonous about this group. The
diversity? after four years, the few minority students we knew, left, and
with the exception of Christ Church white men married to submissive Asian women
and  their children who attended the school, I didn't see "diversity".   The
best education in town?  I guess despite my children gaining great academic
achievements, I could have chosen a better school for them.  (There are other
choices for parents. K-12.com, Montrose, Pullman Christian, 7th day adventist
school, Royal Garrison, St. Marys, and yes the public school)  From what I can
tell, the parents who kept their children at Logos School, subjecting them to
physical punishment, have done so to alleviate their own guilt, because they do
it to their own children at home. Although I heard that about 1/4 of the
student body left this last year, Wilson keeps bringing in students from families
who move to town to join Christ Church. I heard they even offered some families
free or reduced tuition if they would stay.   As a loving parent,  I guess my
decision is that I'd  rather have an emotionally and mentally healthy child,
knowing that they will grow up to be well adjusted adults because they weren't
exposed to an environment of rigid rules, governed by corporal punishment,
and prevented from having free thought and creativity, than a national merit
finalist who ends up in jail for beating his wife, or has secret addictions to
pornography hiding behind a pulpit somewhere, a chronic liar, or worse yet, a
leader of a cult.  Because there is indeed a causative link between childhood
abuse and that includes corporal punishment and mental health problems in
adults.  And for those of you who disagree, your denial is alleviating your own use
of it on your own children and you too are a legalist.

As a Presbyterian ministers daughter growing up in Latah County, I remember
when the Wilsons came to Moscow, even though I was young, Jim Wilson
represented a true follower of Jesus to me.  It doesn't seem possible that Pastor Wilson
could have a son, so legalistic, so phony, so intellectual, so pharisaic and
so hungry for power and possibly approval, and so worldly, as to become the
leader of a cult attracting followers from all over the world right here in
Moscow.

I have been invited to speak on campus, after all, I wasn't allowed to finish
last night, and the cold hard facts, documents, pictures have yet to be
shared.  So I will keep you tuned.   I am a V2020 member who is also well educated
(sorry, I got my BA from U of W) and although I may not be as eloquent as many
of you, I hope that what have I said, will stir you enough to be intolerant
in your own way when it comes to speaking out against groups that abuse
children.  Perhaps one of you would be interested in getting some legislation
sponsored add Idaho to the list of states that protect children from abuse in
schools.  (all of which I can provide for you)
Thank you.

Ruth Drollinger  (fka Ruth Stoneman)
Pullman, WA.
 <A HREF="http://www.valuachild.com/">Click here: Landmark Domestic Violence Case for Women & Children</A>
 For Other recent stories around the country about abuse of children in the
name of religion-check these out.
TEXAS - Pastor, brother sentenced to prison in beating case <A HREF="http://nospank.net/n-l19r.htm">
http://nospank.net/n-l19r.htm</A>

TEXAS - Abusive mom will regain 6 kids <A HREF="http://nospank.net/n-l18r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l18r.htm</A>

TEXAS - Preacher, Brother in Beating Face Prison, <A HREF="http://nospank.net/n-l17r.htm">
http://nospank.net/n-l17r.htm</A>

TEXAS - Boy was struck hundreds of times, doctor says, <A HREF="http://nospank.net/n-l15r.htm">
http://nospank.net/n-l15r.htm</A>

GEORGIA - Police: Parents beat daughter to death with umbrella, <A HREF="http://nospank.net/n-l10r.htm">
http://nospank.net/n-l10r.htm</A>

--part1_59.1344515.2d0c28b4_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Saundra and other visionaries,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Last February I was contacted by Vera W=
hite, after winning a landmark State Supreme Court Case, the first case in t=
he country to test a new law which makes child custody portable for victims=20=
of abuse. (and by the way your own Steve McClure said rejected the story eve=
n though it was front page news in various papers around the country, eventh=
ough the law was passed in Idaho and would benefit women)&nbsp; <BR>
After getting the story on my case, Vera then asked me the question, "So wha=
t else to you have going on in your life?"&nbsp; I said, well, as a matter o=
f fact, I'm contemplating confronting this school named Logos that my childr=
en have been attending for four years (at one time, all 4 of my children wer=
e there), whom I believed to be run by a cult. She said that no parent had c=
ome forward before, and I told her that I wasn't afraid of coming forward, t=
hat I was disturbed by what my children and I had experienced.&nbsp; What is=
sues, she said?&nbsp; I told her about the school's recent "women only" vote=
 on the board and how I felt that the subjugation of women was taught there,=
 about their bazaar five year plan for all faculty staff and students to hav=
e a "unified world-view" , also how there seemed to be discrimination agains=
t minorities, and they actually have this thing about slavery, the worst was=
 the corporal punishment administered by Tom Garfield and Matt Whittling, ov=
er any minor infractions, even before calling a parent, the unspoken discipl=
ine policy of forced waste retention of the children, and last but not least=
, birthday spankings.&nbsp; Although I wanted Vera to keep a lid on her sour=
ce, because I wanted my children to finish out the school year peaceably.&nb=
sp; She did, and I respect her.&nbsp; Vera touched on the story, mentioning=20=
the "women's only" issue and dialoguing with Tom Garfield. <BR>
That week I also met for several hours with Doug Wilson's brother and his wi=
fe, because I had a hunch the school was lying about why they had abruptly l=
eft a year earlier.&nbsp; I was right, they had been fired, and the school l=
ied about it.&nbsp;&nbsp; We had a candid discussion about everything, my co=
ncerns, and we shared openly and freely.&nbsp; After our meeting, and some r=
esearch on my part, my suspicions about these people (Christ Church) were co=
nfirmed by what I experienced through the school.&nbsp; I discovered a 300?&=
nbsp; page lawsuit which a former member of Christ Church filed against the=20=
church.&nbsp; It turns out what I considered evil and a cultish environment=20=
at the school and some of the things being taught came right from Christ Chu=
rch doctrine.&nbsp; Within weeks, I knew I would remove my children, and I i=
nformed the school that they would not be enrolled again. (after giving thes=
e people over $30,000 in tuition over 4 years) I'd had enough. But first I w=
anted to question these people in a non-confrontational "iron sharpening iro=
n" way.&nbsp; So weeks later at the parent-teacher conferences in March of l=
ast year, I did.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I went to each of my children's three t=
eachers-- Mrs. B. J.&nbsp; Jordan (2nd grade teacher), Ms. Muffy Minnich and=
 Mrs. Scott Barrie (4th grade teachers),&nbsp; and Mr. Matt Whittling, (6th=20=
grade teacher and school principal)&nbsp; I wanted some explanations as to w=
hat they were doing to my children. After Mrs. Jordan could not give me an e=
xplanation why she punished my child for not being able to "hold it" and con=
fronting her about her friend who had frequent bladder infections for fear o=
f punishment, and realizing why I had to take my son to the doctor for so ma=
ny years since he attended her class because he was wetting his pants for no=
 apparent reason, the teacher threw a paper I presented her from the America=
n Medical Association at me a paper about "forced waste retention" and fierc=
ely defended her position stating I was wrong, then on to the 4th grade clas=
s, Mrs. Minnich and Mrs. Barrie, asking them,&nbsp; now can you tell me why=20=
you seem to glorify the south in your studies of the civil war?, and tell me=
 why you celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday and have this huge picture of ov=
ershadowing every other picture in your classroom of him and my son feels pu=
t down on a project he did against slavery?, then being told that "Lee was a=
 Godly Man" as an explanation, etc. , then on to Mr. Matt Whittling, sixth g=
rade teacher for my oldest son, one of Logos' star pupils and drama students=
, Mr. Whittling, a writer for Wilson's Credenda, leader in Christ Church, an=
d the principal of the school, who teaches strange cultish "mantras" to the=20=
children at their assemblies,&nbsp; and administers corporal punishment to t=
he children, expecting even the 5 and 6 years olds to fall in line, asking M=
r. Whittling, so why is my son so disturbed that you put down women leaders=20=
in history?, in particular during your studies of the Salic laws?, moralizin=
g the students that woman were to "serve" men (exact words from my son) and=20=
why he was made to feel that if he and other classmates objected, he would b=
e sent to the office for a "spanking"?? and being stonewalled.&nbsp; After t=
hese teachers made me feel like, "gee, you're the only parent who feels this=
 way!" and experiencing their underlying hostility towards me and not gettin=
g any answers, I politely and quietly left.&nbsp; Shortly thereafter, the "g=
ossip" letter came.&nbsp; A March 31st email Tom Garfield distributed to all=
 the Logos people, and I would imagine Christ Church members, a letter demon=
izing me, labeling me as a sinner, a slanderer. What followed from the email=
 were 2 weeks where my children were tormented by other students, told by so=
me of their best friends that their parents would not let them play together=
 anymore, picking my son up with tears running down his cheeks, and my usual=
ly cheerful, happy go lucky, 2nd grade daughter, all the while keeping the t=
orment secret.&nbsp; After my daughter began experiencing all kinds of physi=
cal ailments, she finally told me was happening to her at school.&nbsp; It t=
urns out that after days of being taunted, by another little girl in her cla=
ss, the girl calling her names, pushing her down, making fun of her, she wen=
t to Mrs. Jordan, her teacher, "please make this girl stop being mean and ca=
lling me names" Mrs. Jordan told her "sorry, I can't help you unless you hav=
e two witnesses, you know the rules".&nbsp; My little girl, whom I'm proud t=
o say, then confronted her tormenter saying "You must go to a bad church bec=
ause you're so mean to me"&nbsp; After she told me all this, I decided not t=
o let her go to school the next day.&nbsp; Good thing I did, because she wou=
ld have been spanked had she gone to school.&nbsp; It turns out that the lit=
tle girl is the daughter of the school board president, a Mr. Hieronyomus.&n=
bsp; And my daughters mention of the "church" made him furious.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20=
The school sent my son home with a letter, threatening me, stating that my d=
aughter was to come to school to be punished for criticizing Christ Church,=20=
which is not at all how this came about. It was then and there I decided to=20=
take my children out and not object them to any more abuse.&nbsp; Although I=
 confronted one of the school board members with my problems (Mr. Scott Barr=
ie, owner of Creative Image Studio here in Pullman) he was in complete denia=
l, it was obvious that he didn't have much of a mind of his own, and even wo=
rse, had no clue about birthday spankings, etc., and eventhough he was one w=
ho voted against the women's only issue, and I voted for him, I don't believ=
e he could stand up to Wilson at all.&nbsp;&nbsp; I had other experiences wi=
th leaders in Christ Church, after attending there for awhile and feeling sh=
unned as a single parent divorcee, I happened to speak to a Mr. Ed VanNuland=
 at a school function in 2002, Van Nuland is the big money raiser for the sc=
hool, big Wilson supporter, and the one who obtained a $50,000? grant from A=
lbertsons for new computers at the school, I questioned him about my experie=
nce visiting the church.&nbsp;&nbsp; A few days later I received a sturnful=20=
letter admonishing me not to gossip, and attacking me for questioning the ch=
urch, from none other than Tom Garfield.&nbsp; I found this brand of loyalty=
 everywhere, this blind allegiance, no individual identities, a group think,=
 extreme obsessiveness towards the leadership in the school and on up to Wil=
son, what I observed over the years as a deepening group think with all facu=
lty and staff that I knew, some who I knew feared losing their jobs, and thi=
s sort of allegiance to Christ Church, to be disturbing.&nbsp; However, befo=
re I left, I did sit down with Scott Barrie, a Logos school board member, an=
 Evangelical Free Church member, at his Creative Image Studio here in Pullma=
n while discussing photography because I wanted to be sure he was voting AGA=
INST the women's only issue at the Feb. Board meeting. I confronted Scott wh=
at I believed was child abuse at the school. Scott refused to believe my chi=
ldren's experiences, and instead provided me glowing reports of his impressi=
ons of the school, Wilson and its other leaders. What he told me, and what h=
e sincerely believed, was a quote he used from scripture, that persecution o=
r criticism of Logos and Christ Church was a sign that believers would recei=
ve a greater "reward in heaven."&nbsp; The verse he was referring to is Matt=
. 5:11. "Blessed are you who when persecuted . . ."&nbsp; So I came away thi=
nking, it's no use talking to these people, even a non-Christ church board m=
ember refuses to question their practices.&nbsp; That was it, Matt. 5:11 is=20=
probably what Wilson feeds to these people, that's what makes this group str=
onger -- they thrive on what they consider persecution, not correction.&nbsp=
; So after being invited to present my issues to the Logos School board, I d=
eclined.&nbsp; Why would I present myself to a group of men, the majority of=
 whom voted against women, after confronting the teacher at conferences,&nbs=
p; after they vilified me,&nbsp; and causing my children so much trauma, why=
 should I expose myself to any more of their abuse?&nbsp; I heard what they=20=
did to the woman who filed the lawsuit against them.&nbsp; So I just kept qu=
iet, like everyone else who feels intimidated who leaves the school or are m=
ade to feel that they must be quiet, little peacemakers.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
So, for the last nine months my children have kept quiet.&nbsp; My children=20=
and I entered counseling. And then after finding out that Idaho is one of th=
e few remaining states that does not have laws on the books to protect child=
ren from abuse in schools such as Logos,&nbsp; I felt that it was unlikely t=
hat Latah County would act on my children's behalf.&nbsp;&nbsp; So after all=
 these months, I couldn't resist attending the so called "public forum" last=
 night to see what kind of "spin" Wilson would put out to the community and=20=
to go public on our experiences.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And after that meeting, well, today, I=20=
am weak and tired, but I am not defeated.&nbsp; When I first arrived last ni=
ght,&nbsp; I listened a while, to the charismatic leader, how he moved the c=
rowd, made them laugh, put them at ease, and I thought, oh, dear God, I hope=
 that the media doesn't fall for this.&nbsp; Then, after a nice "government"=
 school teacher spoke, I came to the microphone and presented my case.&nbsp;=
 I went immediately on the attack and said that I was there on behalf of the=
 children and that I brought my evidence, a stack of documents and pictures,=
&nbsp; including my son, who sat behind a Logos teacher, who kept yelling, m=
ake her shut-up, get her out of here, etc, the teacher, who by the way, was=20=
the one particularly glorifying the south and General Lee, Muffy Minnich.&nb=
sp; I had a plan, and I accomplished what I set out to do and hopefully it w=
as to make it plain to see what these people were all about.&nbsp;&nbsp; I s=
tarted out with linking Christ Church doctrine to what my children were taug=
ht at the school, etc. receiving answers from Wilson, confronting him with t=
he evidence, listening as he gave a lying response, then Wilson's group holl=
ering.&nbsp; I only got to a few of my issues out when men started coming do=
wn out of the audience, one man with a gruff beard grabbed me, my mike was t=
urned off, I protested I was at a public place, this was a public meeting, I=
 kept asking the crowd, 'Don't you want to hear what I came here to say" and=
 that&nbsp; I had a right to speak, all I heard were Christ Church people ye=
lling to "get her out" etc.&nbsp; After confronting Wilson with . "you're ju=
st afraid of what I have to say, I speak the truth, I felt like I couldn't b=
reath and this man was in my face,&nbsp; feeling all alone, thinking, my gos=
h, why are people afraid to speak up for me, where are those who to speak ou=
t for children?&nbsp; only a few said anything.&nbsp; They tried to silence=20=
me, which were predictions I read from several who wrote on V2020 among them=
, Wayne Fox.&nbsp; They did exactly what an article about cults said, they s=
ilence their critics.&nbsp;&nbsp; Then seeing how the media reacted, and fin=
ding out which news editors were charmed by this charismatic, arrogant, fat=20=
man, and being literally disgusted, that the media, including David Johnson=20=
of the Tribune, could paint such a nice picture of this event, after what th=
ey did to me.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
So seeing your comment Saundra, cheered me up some.&nbsp; So did all of thos=
e souls who met me as I left the Kenworthy. I believe that there are a few o=
f you out there who act on Edmund Burke's saying.&nbsp; Perhaps given a diff=
erent time and place, say Germany, circa 1939, you would be the same people=20=
to speak out against the horrors of the holocaust, rescuing the innocent,&nb=
sp; just perhaps there are some you in Idaho, who read what authorities have=
 to say on what is considered child abuse,&nbsp;&nbsp; perhaps, you folks ca=
n go to sleep easier tonight, knowing your children won't grow up to be angr=
y, damaged adults after being traumatized by legalism, shaming, and corporal=
 punishment as is being done to many of the children who are sons and daught=
ers of Christ Church and Logos parents.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
How does my domestic violence case tie in to Logos School/Christ Church some=
 of you have asked???&nbsp; Easy,&nbsp; Logos School is a cauldron,&nbsp; a=20=
cauldren of some dangerous ingredients mixed by outwardly caring, loving tea=
cher, a dangerous mix and mindset instilled in children, that men have the r=
ight to use "power and control" have the right to use physical force and pun=
ishment towards women, women are to be subject, submissive, servants.&nbsp;=20=
A cauldron where Legalism is substituted for Jesus' grace.&nbsp; That's what=
 is so poisonous about this group. The diversity? after four years, the few=20=
minority students we knew, left, and&nbsp; with the exception of Christ Chur=
ch white men married to submissive Asian women and&nbsp; their children who=20=
attended the school, I didn't see "diversity".&nbsp;&nbsp; The best educatio=
n in town?&nbsp; I guess despite my children gaining great academic achievem=
ents, I could have chosen a better school for them.&nbsp; (There are other c=
hoices for parents. K-12.com, Montrose, Pullman Christian, 7th day adventist=
 school, Royal Garrison, St. Marys, and yes the public school)&nbsp; From wh=
at I can tell, the parents who kept their children at Logos School, subjecti=
ng them to physical punishment, have done so to alleviate their own guilt, b=
ecause they do it to their own children at home. Although I heard that about=
 1/4 of the student body left this last year, Wilson keeps bringing in stude=
nts from families who move to town to join Christ Church. I heard they even=20=
offered some families free or reduced tuition if they would stay.&nbsp;&nbsp=
; As a loving parent,&nbsp; I guess my decision is that I'd&nbsp; rather hav=
e an emotionally and mentally healthy child, knowing that they will grow up=20=
to be well adjusted adults because they weren't exposed to an environment of=
 rigid rules, governed by corporal punishment, and prevented from having fre=
e thought and creativity, than a national merit finalist who ends up in jail=
 for beating his wife, or has secret addictions to pornography hiding behind=
 a pulpit somewhere, a chronic liar, or worse yet, a leader of a cult.&nbsp;=
 Because there is indeed a causative link between childhood abuse and that i=
ncludes corporal punishment and mental health problems in adults.&nbsp; And=20=
for those of you who disagree, your denial is alleviating your own use of it=
 on your own children and you too are a legalist.<BR>
<BR>
As a Presbyterian ministers daughter growing up in Latah County, I remember=20=
when the Wilsons came to Moscow, even though I was young, Jim Wilson represe=
nted a true follower of Jesus to me.&nbsp; It doesn't seem possible that Pas=
tor Wilson could have a son, so legalistic, so phony, so intellectual, so ph=
arisaic and so hungry for power and possibly approval, and so worldly, as to=
 become the leader of a cult attracting followers from all over the world ri=
ght here in Moscow. <BR>
<BR>
I have been invited to speak on campus, after all, I wasn't allowed to finis=
h last night, and the cold hard facts, documents, pictures have yet to be sh=
ared.&nbsp; So I will keep you tuned.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am a V2020 member who is=
 also well educated (sorry, I got my BA from U of W) and although I may not=20=
be as eloquent as many of you, I hope that what have I said, will stir you e=
nough to be intolerant in your own way when it comes to speaking out against=
 groups that abuse children.&nbsp; Perhaps one of you would be interested in=
 getting some legislation sponsored add Idaho to the list of states that pro=
tect children from abuse in schools.&nbsp; (all of which I can provide for y=
ou)&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
Thank you. <BR>
<BR>
Ruth Drollinger&nbsp; (fka Ruth Stoneman)<BR>
Pullman, WA.<BR>
 <A HREF=3D"http://www.valuachild.com/">Click here: Landmark Domestic Violen=
ce Case for Women &amp; Children</A><BR>
 For Other recent stories around the country about abuse of children in the=20=
name of religion-check these out.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
TEXAS - Pastor, brother sentenced to prison in beating case <A HREF=3D"http:=
//nospank.net/n-l19r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l19r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
TEXAS - Abusive mom will regain 6 kids <A HREF=3D"http://nospank.net/n-l18r.=
htm">http://nospank.net/n-l18r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
TEXAS - Preacher, Brother in Beating Face Prison, <A HREF=3D"http://nospank.=
net/n-l17r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l17r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
TEXAS - Boy was struck hundreds of times, doctor says, <A HREF=3D"http://nos=
pank.net/n-l15r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l15r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
GEORGIA - Police: Parents beat daughter to death with umbrella, <A HREF=3D"h=
ttp://nospank.net/n-l10r.htm">http://nospank.net/n-l10r.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>