[Vision2020] The truth- how the hoopla over ChristChurch/Logos began. . .&corporal punishment

Ben Twigg bentwigg@yahoo.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:23:39 -0800 (PST)

Visionaries,

Ruth Drollinger (fka Ruth Stoneman) wrote:

So after being invited to present my issues to the
Logos School board, I declined.  Why would I present
myself to a group of men, the majority of whom voted
against women, after confronting the teacher at
conferences, after they vilified me, and causing my
children so much trauma, why should I expose myself to
any more of their abuse?

I respond:

Why would you not present your issues to the Logos
School Board, especially if you were invited to do so?
Regardless of the response you expected to receive, it
seems that the Board would have been the proper
channel for expressing your concerns.

I don't know anything about your particular situation,
other than what you have now posted on Vision 2020.
But this strikes me as analogous to not reporting a
crime to the police, then complaining that no one ever
solved the case, while claiming that the police would
not have listened anyway. Perhaps this is true (that
they would not have listened), but it seems that, by
choosing not to report to the proper authorities, you
preclude yourself from being in a position to
criticize their failure to act.

Again, my purpose here is not to defend Logos School,
Christ Church, or anyone else involved. As a graduate
of Logos, however, I do feel compelled to insist upon
a representation of the school that is factually
correct, regardless of whether that representation is
ultimately positive or negative.

Avoiding writing my Philosophy of Law term paper,

Ben Twigg