[Vision2020] it doesn't make sense

Cjsnightclub@aol.com Cjsnightclub@aol.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:33:34 EST

--part1_49.3780db95.2d0cc38e_boundary

I have another question for our wonderful elected officials. I understand
that based upon certain populations different state and federal regulations come
into effect and become a tax burden. Are you aware that they say, here in
Moscow that we have a population of 21,600 plus? Are you aware that in that
calculation they are including 13,000 transitory students? They only live here 6 1/2
months a year. Every 3 day holiday, Christmas break, spring break and summer
they are gone. If they have to use the population of the University they
should use it and give them credit for the time they are here which is 55%. Not
100%. Since all the students are being counted as residents the University
shouldn't be charging any of the students for being out of state or out of the
country fees. A large percentage of the student base live in school housing which
doesn't pay any property taxes to help with the tax burden. I can give you
another example. McCall's population doubles during summer and winter when the
tourists arrive. They are not counted in the census pool. They get 6 1/2 months
of tourists. So why would we be subjected to having an entire student
population who are classified as permanent residents when they are clearly not? Most of
them are on their parents Health Insurance programs and are classified as a
resident of them, but away at school. So they are being counted twice? Where is
the logic here? Can anyone make sense of this? It don't compute here. Thanx.

Phil Roderick

--part1_49.3780db95.2d0cc38e_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have another question for our wonderful elected offi=
cials. I understand that based upon certain populations different state and=20=
federal regulations come into effect and become a tax burden. Are you aware=20=
that they say, here in Moscow that we have a population of 21,600 plus? Are=20=
you aware that in that calculation they are including 13,000 transitory stud=
ents? They only live here 6 1/2 months a year. Every 3 day holiday, Christma=
s break, spring break and summer they are gone. If they have to use the popu=
lation of the University they should use it and give them credit for the tim=
e they are here which is 55%. Not 100%. Since all the students are being cou=
nted as residents the University shouldn't be charging any of the students f=
or being out of state or out of the country fees. A large percentage of the=20=
student base live in school housing which doesn't pay any property taxes to=20=
help with the tax burden. I can give you another example. McCall's populatio=
n doubles during summer and winter when the tourists arrive. They are not co=
unted in the census pool. They get 6 1/2 months of tourists. So why would we=
 be subjected to having an entire student population who are classified as p=
ermanent residents when they are clearly not? Most of them are on their pare=
nts Health Insurance programs and are classified as a resident of them, but=20=
away at school. So they are being counted twice? Where is the logic here? Ca=
n anyone make sense of this? It don't compute here. Thanx.<BR>
<BR>
Phil Roderick</FONT></HTML>

--part1_49.3780db95.2d0cc38e_boundary--