[Vision2020] What Should We Do About Mexico?

Andreas Schou scho8053@uidaho.edu
Tue, 09 Dec 2003 18:03:25 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Art Deco <deco@moscow.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2003 5:04 pm
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] What Should We Do About Mexico?

> There is no way to tell with certainty that the original message
> below comes from Douglas Stambler, IP or not.  A knowledgeable
> technician (such as Mr. Courtney) could make an email seem to come
> from any IP -- that's the way spammers work.  In fact, the
> language and content of the message is similar to Douglas Wilson's
> sarcastic (but revealing) answers to Nick Gier's questions sent
> with the intent that it would be attributed to Mr. Stambler.  It
> is also in line with the "O poor me" card the cult is now playing.
> Some of the alleged harassment incidents made be wholly fantastic
> or perpetrated by cult members in an attempt to generate sympathy.
>
> Also, perhaps it was a cult member or leader that disseminated the
> infamous flyer.  The flyer contained no factual misinformation.
> If a cult member or leader sent it out and was subsequently
> caught, they could say it was a cutsey but honest method of
> gaining publicity.
>
> Further:  What branch of the Presbyterian Church does the cult
> claim to belong to?  The last 2020 discussion of this ended with
> Wilson's admission that he styles the cult a Presbyterian one not
> because of affiliation but because of the form of cult government.

Oh, come off it.

I disagree with Doug in almost every particular of his beliefs, but I think I can fairly say that shooting people that come over the border is not one of them. Posting things in someone else's name is simply not appropriate. Though I agree that Doug Wilson couldn't've possibly found a more convincing argument for his side than the existence of Doug Stambler, I am more than willing to attribute Stambler's posts to Wilson's good luck rather than his malice.

Also: I know the people that posted the (factually acurate!) poster. Doug had nothing to do with it. I think I can fairly say that the "publicity" he's gotten has been fairly negative, all told.

-- ACS