[Vision2020] New Topic: U of I Health Benefits?

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:37:47 -0800

Being a disably retired service meember, I had the choice of either sticking
with Tri-Care (insurance coverage for both active and retired service
members) or converting to UI's contracted insurance provider (I don't recall
the name of the company).  I am certainly glad that I remained with
Tri-Care.  I have just recently undergone 1 $7,000+ hernia operation that
cost me just under $400 out of pocket.  What I understand, this operation
would have been considerably more expensive had I selected to convert to the
UI insurance provider.

I most definitely sympathize with UI employees, especially during these
tightly budgeted years.

Keep the faith and take care,

Tom Hansen