[Vision2020] Gore to endorse Dean

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:10:42 +0000

Carl et. al.

Some think republicans are donating to Dean's campaign to help him get the
dems nomination in the belief he will be a cinch for Bush to beat.
Republican funding of ads to promote Nader in 2000 to undermine Gore was
used as a tactic, so I don't doubt Dean may be getting Republican sourced
funds.

However, I think Dean's "image" in the media comes across more forcefully,
with a more commanding presence, than Dukakis's did.  And the large
contingent of Bush haters will come out in force in 2004, so Dean v. Bush
will not echo Dukakis's embarrassment.

But I doubt Dean can beat Bush.  In fact, I doubt any of the current dem.
candidates will.

And the truth of what Dean represents?  Truth is meaningless: spin rules!

We have "the best democracy money can buy," as Greg Palast put it in his
book of the same title.

Ted

>From: "Carl Westberg" <carlwestberg846@hotmail.com>
>To: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Gore to endorse Dean
>Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:47:34 -0800
>
>The New York Times is reporting that Al Gore will endorse Howard Dean
>tomorrow.  That would be a huge step toward cinching the nomination, but
>can Dean beat Bush next November?  I'd certainly vote for Dean over Bush
>(not that that matters in Idaho), but something about a Howard Dean
>candidacy reminds me of the Michael Dukakis fiasco.
>

>                       Carl Westberg Jr.

>Shop online for kids’ toys by age group, price range, and toy category at
>MSN Shopping. No waiting for a clerk to help you! http://shopping.msn.com

>List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the
>                              mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Get holiday tips for festive fun.