[Vision2020] Letter of regret re: town meeting

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:52:38 -0800

December, 1914.  War-weary opposing soldiers call an informal Christmas
truce along the trench-lines of Northern France and Belgium.  Legend has it
that they even played a game of soccer against one another in an area just
outside Armentieres.  Fast forward to Moscow, Idaho, in December 2003.
War-weary combatants on Vision 2020 declare an informal Christmas truce, and
perhaps play a game of lacrosse at Guy Wicks Field.  They share beer, wine,
food, and warmth.  But then, just as in World War I, the truce ends, and the
bloody battle continues.  Never mind...

     Carl Westberg Jr.

>From: "Doug Jones" <credenda@moscow.com>
>To: "'Vision 20/20'" <vision2020@moscow.com>
>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Letter of regret re: town meeting
>Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:43:28 -0500
>
>Good try, Rose, but it’s never been about slavery or Doug Wilson. Those
>are just convenient little slots for those who try to hide their hatred for
>the historic Christian gospel. Just be honest. The booklet and all the
>disputants in this discussion will be forgotten in under forty years, but
>the basic controversy will keep going for millennia. A little secular
>self-consciousness would be a grand help to civility. I’ve never seen a
>vision as unreflective and naïve about itself as contemporary secularism.
>It’s quite amazing.
>
>DJ
>

>I will not be attending the town meeting sponsored by the Dougs next
>Thursday evening.  It is my sense that the booklet, this forum, the
>newspaper interviews, and the Christ Church paid ads have provided me with
>sufficient information regarding Doug Wilson’s point of view.  I do think
>however, that it is a disingenuous overstatement to call this affair “The
>Christ Church Controversy.”  It’s not about members of your
>congregation, Doug.  It’s all about you – and your dixienet.com
>sidekick, Steve Wilkins. You created it, you made money from it, and you
>certainly deserve all the credit for the unhappy consequences.  For
>heaven's sake, grow up and take a little personal responsibility.
>Best,
>Rose Huskey

Shop online for kids toys by age group, price range, and toy category at
MSN Shopping. No waiting for a clerk to help you! http://shopping.msn.com