[Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage

Saundra Lund sslund@moscow.com
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:32:19 -0700

Mr. Hansen wrote:
" I most seriously doubt that my 29-year heterosexual marriage will feel
threatened if Jim and John Smith (or Mary and Jane Doe) decide to marry
and move next door to me."

To which Mr. Nieuwsma responded:
"What if you have a four-year-old son, and they are trying to convince
him that he is being sexually deprived? Suppose they were active members
of NAMBLA? Not an important topic to you?"

I confess to not having (yet) waded through the subsequent posts, but
I'm unable to contain myself to see if this highly offensive and
pathetically misinformed bit has been addressed.  In case it hasn't yet
. . .

Mr. Nieuwsama, surely you've not gotten this far in life *not*
understanding that pedophilia is NOT the same thing as either
homosexuality or heterosexuality???

Good GRIEF!

Get thyself back to school post-haste so that you can learn some basic
FACTS.  Sheesh!

Because this is such an abhorrent smear against the gay population, I'll
get you started:  pedophiles are those whose primary sexually attraction
is  to children.  Pedophiles tend to be male (hmmm), and they may be
either heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.  I've read several
credible studies which show that the majority of pedophiles who have
other sexuality (not all pedophiles do) are actually heterosexually
oriented.

AhHA!  If we follow your incorrect thinking, then it's the male husband
of the heterosexual couple next door we need to be concerned about!

Rather than resort to stereotyping & fear-mongering, try EDUCATING
yourself with facts.

Saundra  (Petie's & Wendy's Mama Forever)
Moscow, Idaho

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to
do nothing.
Edmund Burke

> I most seriously doubt that my 29-year heterosexual marriage will feel
> threatened if Jim and John Smith (or Mary and Jane Doe) decide to
marry
and
> move next door to me.

What if you have a four-year-old son, and they are trying to convince
him
that he is being sexually deprived? Suppose they were active members of
NAMBLA? Not an important topic to you?

Luke Nieuwsma

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com