[Vision2020] Let's get *all* the facts right . . .

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:31:21 -0700

Benjamin writes:

"My dear madam,

You write most eloquently, however, please answer the objections, don't
merely call them names. (so far your argumentation has been along the lines
of the ad hominem fallacy)"

I'm at a loss to find any name-calling in Melynda's message (quoted below).
The arguments themselves are dismissed as "silliness" and/or as being
obsessed with certain sexual practices, but those making the arguments are
not.  Ergo, no ad hominem fallacy is evident.  The point, I think, is that
straight people also do the things Mr. Moss describes, and people cannot
marry dogs because dogs cannot consent.  (If my border collie could talk,
things might be different.  On the whole, though, I believe he'd prefer an
opposable thumb.)

Sincerely,
Joan/Auntie Establishment